Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ask and ye shall receive, DA

So Reese Witherspoon won an Oscar.

As some of you apparently recall, I trashed her in an entry a few months ago, calling her a "once-talented actress." Let us note these comments were made before her movie "Walk The Line" debuted. I saw this movie. It is an excellent movie, and she is worthy of her accolades.

I extend a hearty congratulations to Mrs. Phillipe on her decision to stop filming garbage and returning to movies that allow her to display her acting ability.

As for my other comments about her hypocritical stance on the plight of young women feeling pressure to dumb themselves down to appease society, may I remind you all she is the one who made Legally Blonde, which glorifies the very traits she railed so firmly against on Oprah.

I stand by those comments.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home