Saturday, April 22, 2006

public service announcements

I was checking out airfares earlier today on www.continental.com for a potential trip back to Jersey in early August. Thought I would throw the following out here for those of you attending the November wedding here:

Departing Newark on Nov. 3 and returning Nov. 5 or 6, depending on your mood, Continental had round-trip nonstops available for $288. When I've done this route in the last two years, it has been anywhere from $226 to $313.

Being a pessimist, I don't think it's going to get much better than $288, considering the way gas prices are soaring these days. So if you are attending, and I hope you are, you might want to consider booking soon.

***

There's a good feature on Pete Seeger in the April 17th issue of The New Yorker. I'll be damned that I can't currently find a link.

***

No one responded to my little aviation quiz a few posts ago, a fact that shocks no one. For the record, the correct answer is a "teardrop entry." No one wins the free taste. Which is a shame, because it would have been awarded to whomever was clever enough to respond with "anal entry."

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Joependleton said...

Cat, not sure if you missed it, but this was my response:

You tell the passengers the weather is bad in newark, circle for another 45 minutes and see how many more $5 tastes you can sell.

Then you bring her in, go get tanked at the airport bar, pick up a whore, take her to the Newark Hilton and sober up/clean up just in time to captain a non-stop from Newark to Dallas the next morning.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger jeffro said...

you pretty much can't place a dollar value on a trip to New Jersey. no matter how hard you try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home