Tuesday, May 09, 2006

a quick turnaround



Apologies for the back-to-back postings of aviation-related news. But it's the only thing I've really paid attention to over the last week. So I have no rants for the moment. I do have some more good news, though.

Two days after the aforementioned flight test, I interviewed for a flight instructor position at my school and was offered a gig. I accepted.

This all happened much faster than I anticipated. The last week has been spent doing a lot of orientation-related things, like learning new operating procedures, observing other instructors from the back seat and learning a new airplane. With any luck, I'll be performing the instructor function about this time next week.

***

Here's some other news. Last week, we passed the T-minus-6-months-until-the-wedding milestone. It is all starting to go very fast. It was 13 months away when we got engaged, and to think we are more than halfway through that portion is insane. Perhaps next time, I will throw up some pictures of the wedding location for those making a journey in early November.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said...

Wow....nice job with the new gig. Does this mean you are moving on from your desk position?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home